December 24, 2014

New Year's resolution (Part 2)

THOMAS: Got any resolutions for now, Jill?
JILL: I’m still thinking of what, Dad.
THOMAS: It’s simple, Jill, just make God the center of your New Year’s resolution and it will have chances for success.
JILL: Still needs commitment, Dad.
THOMAS: Depends then. If it is God’s will for something to be fulfilled, He will enable you to fulfill it.
JILL: I need to have agreement also with God’s Word so that I will receive God’s help in fulfilling my resolution.
THOMAS: Yes. Try this: Pray to the Lord for wisdom in regards to what resolutions, if any, He would have you make.
JILL: I’ll pray for wisdom as to how to fulfill the goals God will give me as I rely on His strength to help me and find an accountability partner who will help and encourage me.
THOMAS: Don’t be discouraged with occasional failures, Jill, but allow them to motivate you further.
JILL: Yes, Dad, I will not become proud or vain, but give to God the glory.
THOMAS: Yes. Prayerfully consider it before you make any resolutions and resolve sensibly, Jill.
JILL: Yes, Dad. I’ll be dependent to God too.